Saturday, March 15, 2014

Longest winter. EVER.

I know that I am not the only one complaining about this freak weather that has been plaguing just about every corner of our country. But where I am come from and where we live we aren't really used to this kind of weather so when I woke up one morning and I saw this: 


I was surprised. But I was not a fun mom. I didn't take my little one out to play with the white stuff, even though it could be another few years before she sees snow again. We enjoyed it inside the comfort of our snug little house.



I have to admit it was beautiful though! Even though I was stuck inside my house for a week until the ice melted. At least I buy groceries for two weeks worth of food when I shop otherwise it would have been a pain in the rear. S and I tried to entertain ourselves as best we could since hubby is on the special rescue team for disasters and such. Not sure what they are called all I know is he was on call like a lot. So, boo winter! 


But I can't complain too much when I have this little cutie for company :) 


How did little Miss entertain herself the whole time you ask? Oh, by drawing on whatever clean wall surface with crayons. *Sigh* just when I think I have found every last one and confiscated it she ends up with another one and draws before I can catch her. Usually while I am cooking or doing laundry. I guess we have a future artist on our hands. She won't be able to say I never let her express herself! 


I had to get a pick of her adorable little curls. Her hair is getting long! she will be 2 in a couple of months. I can't believe how fast the time has gone! :( 
 And boy does she have personality! One night after her bath I told her to go in the living room and pick a book for me to read to her before bed, while I went to get her PJ's. I come back and find her like this 


 That's our copy of Sherlock Holmes' mysteries. What is so hilarious is that she actually had it right side up! She makes me laugh everyday.


We also painted our nails together 


But most of the time she just goofs off. I love that about her :) 

 
Our medic is pretty cool too I guess ;) 

That's all I have this time folks. I'm just ready for sunshine and swimming pools. Can I get an amen? 
Winter, it's time to take your sorry butt out of here, I'm tired of you hanging around.

Sincerely,
Me

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In Arkansas we maybe get one round of winter weather. This season we've had about 5-6 different rounds of it. We lost 16 days of school. I teach and now we are looking at 2nd week of June before schools out. Then I have so many days we have to have meetings during summer. So goodbye Summer Vacation! Winter Sucks!!!!!!