Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hiding Place

I have never felt so tested then in the past few weeks. B has started his 24 hour shift and I miss him. Its harder today though because I am sick and we are supposed to get some bad storms tonight. I don't mind thunder and such but I hate tornadoes. And considering the kind of spring we have been having my fear has only increased :(
B made me a doctor's appointment today. I have been feeling sick for over a week and I just want it to go away. I really wish my hubby was here so I could lay my head on his shoulder. I read a psalm today and I know that it was God speaking to me,

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
He is my fortress, I will never be shaken...
Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
He is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
Psalm 62:1-2, 5-6

I'm so glad I have a hiding place when I feel overwhelmed with anxiety; "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone".

3 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

My sister, Stacie, recommended I check out your blog. I'm a military wife, so I know who hard it is to have hubby gone a lot for LONG periods of time. I love that verse! It will get you through:) Blessings, Jackie

Lizzy said...

Thank you Jackie! it is such a blessing having fellow sisters in Christ encourage me through this time of transition :)

Lauren said...

Hey Lizzy. I know this is one of your older posts but I was looking at ways to deal with my boyfriend being a paramedic and your blog popped up. He is new to the whole paramedic thing and he has been working a lot and it makes it hard on us. We have been together for 3 years and having to go from having him with me or being able to talk to him whenever I want to having to go a few days without seeing him and speaking to him when he gets a second is hard. I am not one who favours change but I suppose it is for the best. I am incredibly proud of my man and it helps that I'm still studying so I have moments of distraction. It's nice to read your blog and see how you manage and it has given me faith so thank you. Best, Lauren