Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I am going to get it right!

With the way gas prices keep rising I am trying to find ways to tighten our belt. We started out with a budget when we got married but I'm finding it's really hard trying to keep up with it sometimes. I went to the store and bought some accordion folders, a budget organizer, and a notebook. I am going to attempt to put this home under my thumb. Goals I am striving for: 1) Get the hang of the whole coupon thing. 2) Organize my kitchen and look into cooking and freezing meals for a month.  and 3) Come up with a chore list to keep me on track when it comes to getting things done in a timely manner ;)
Basically, do the opposite of what I am doing now lol! I checked out a few books at the library that I hope will help me in my journey. Anybody with any advice, I would love to hear from you!

On another note, I had a really nice weekend with my husband and his family. It was quiet and peaceful :)
I really love what B brings out in me. He took me canoeing yesterday; never thought I would ever step foot in one! it was so much fun though. We went about 1 1/2 miles, but couldn't make it the for 3 or four miles of river because it was too hot and we weren't completely prepared. Now that we know the park rules we are going to take a picnic lunch with us next time (in a waterproof container) and hopefully we can take our camera next time so we can take some pretty pics :)  I did get a few pics from this weekend though. Hopefully I can figure out how to put some on here...

Yay! haha this is at the lake we went to with some family. I love this little island, makes me think of the beach :)


it was a lot of fun getting out in the sun after weeks of rain and clouds :)


I am really starting to enjoy our little town that we live in, and I love that we live down the street from a nice little park that I enjoy going to almost everyday.

this is a little spot I found, and the view I had while reading my bible the other day :)
This little guy was outside my front door, I called him Thumper :)

God is really showing me really sweet, beautiful things about our place that really helps me forget some of my homesickness. Its kind of cute how we even have a Friday night ritual of chowing down at the local Mexican restaurant
They serve the BEST enchiladas here.





We have also discovered the antique malls in town. One store had some amazing stuff that I would love to bring home. B and I drooled over this piece, isn't it beautiful? Too bad it was like six hundred dollars lol. Oh, well maybe someday :)

Well, that is a little update of my doings lately. Sorry for the rambling. I think I am going to pull an all nighter and get some things done. If you're up tonight, holla at a girl. I'm sure I'll be up scrubbing or organizing something LOL

3 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I love organizing. There are some great books out there on it. I'm not great at filing, but I like baskets. I have a basket for everything it seems.

I love antiques, but I don't love their prices. the best way to buy antiques is at yard sales. You have to go early though, because the antique dealers are the early birds.


It looks like you really enjoyed your weekend together!

Blessings,
Stacie

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you. We finally got on the Dave Ramsey Zero Balance Budget and it has saved our bacon as things are super tight for us and getting tighter due to gas prices increasing. If you are interested, I can send you a template of the budget that I made in Excel that does all the math for you. If so, email me at jwhitesell@frontier.com and I'll send it to you in an attachment. My sis uses it, too.

Here a couple of links in my blog that might help you save some money:

http://homesteadwannabes.blogspot.com/2009/03/cooking-from-scratch-saves-you-money.html

http://homesteadwannabes.blogspot.com/2009/07/time-saving-tips-when-cooking-from_17.html

http://homesteadwannabes.blogspot.com/search/label/Natural%20Cleaning

Hopefully you'll find these posts helpful :) Let me know if you have any questions.

Praying God will help you as you are clearly seeking to be a Proverbs 31 woman :)

Lizzy said...

That would be amazing! I will email you now :)
Thank you two for the advice and sweet words. I Really do want to be a Proverbs 31 woman and honor God and my family by being responsible and sensible about the way I run things :)