Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The way things are

This post is going to be short, sweet, and to the point. Haha! Things have been going great around here. My hubby and I had a blast hanging out with family this 4th of July and have really benefited from all of the relaxation. Now I am going to see if I can conquer cleaning the whole apartment. Let me tell you, I am about ready to do a brutal hack job and throw a whole bunch of junk away! But, I guess I had better wait until my other half gets home so I can run by him the things that I want to toss ;) we started a Bible study last week at our pastor's home; it is on 1 John. We are very excited to see what God does through it; there has already been some really good discussion the first day we went. I think B and I were the youngest couple there but it was a lot of fun and we enjoyed ourselves :) I also found out that one of the members at our church is a writer (an occupation I like to think I will partake in, full-time soon) and I was excited to know that they write for a local magazine. Hopefully I can talk to them this Sunday. I really feel like God is wanting me to trust Him more than I have lately. Read this verse in 1 Peter today, "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." I want to mediate on this today. So far July is off to a great start. How about you? what expectations do you have for the final month (sort of) of summer? 

3 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I love decluttering! It is really fun. I'm the kind that gets a weird sort of high from it! LOL!

I hope you keep writing. I've been published in two magazines. It isn't easy to do and you have to have thick skin, because you get rejected a LOT! You just have to keep submitting.

Blessings,
Stacie

Lizzy said...

Thanks so much for the encouragement Stacie! Yeah, since I graduated (I have an English/History degree, creative writing concentration) I have kind of "froze" I am sooo scared of being rejected! haha but I want to start trusting God with and just put myself out there.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Final month of summer, LOL?!!! Our summer finally just started in July and we still haven't had any really hot weather.

That is so exciting that you are making good connections and that you and your husband have found a good bible study to join.

Hope the apartment purge went well :)