Saturday, November 5, 2011

"For You created my inmost being..."


God, how great is the love that You have lavished on my heart. You saw the best in me when I lost hope of seeing the sun again. How can you find me a worthy vessel of Your Glory, Your Majesty? Yet, you choose me as an instrument to bring Your miracle into this world. You have plans, great plans for the life of this one. Even now You see his or her face and You are overwhelmed with inexpressible love. Thank You for making a Way for this little one. They belong to You. Strengthen me so that I point this precious child to Your throne. Set in them a burning passion for You, an unquenchable thirst that keeps them seeking Your face all their days. Mold me into this woman called "mother" an image of your compassion and care. Give me only kind words to speak and welcome arms for the comfort of their pain. Lord, I find that nothing is possible without Your Spirit so let Him lead my heart. Let Him show me what it is I have been created for, and protect my heart from the lies of the evil one. Cover us with Your wings, our hope is found only in You. Thank You for the breath that You give us everyday; let our lives be a sweet fragrance to You, our God and King.
Your Daughter (soon to be mother) 



"For you created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful,
I know that full well. 
My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are Your thoughts O, God!"
Psalm 139: 13-17 

2 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Congratulations!!!! What a beautiful post. I'm so happy for you! With a heart like yours, I know you'll be a great mom.

BTW, I commented back to you on my blog.

Blessings to you and your husband and you start this incredible journey of parenting,

Jackie

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Oh, what a beautiful note to your child. You are going to be an awesome mom!!!! Sooooo excited for you and hope you are feeling good. If you ever need prego advice, I'm your girl! LOL!