Wednesday, November 9, 2011

We can only be certain of one thing; God's presence

I'm not sure how to write this post. You other paramedic, ems wives know that our husbands do their job with the risk of their own safety being compromised. Sometimes people try to fight them when they are just trying to help. Anyway, *Sigh* all is well right now but needless to say I was a little shook up when he told me what happened. Thankfully my mom has perfect timing, she called me right after I hung up with B and comforted me (mommies are the best at making you feel better). I can't wait to see him when he gets home in the morning and give him a big hug and kiss. It made me think really, really hard though.


I think that it is very easy for us to become complacent when we are so blessed and we have so much that God has given us. I realized tonight that the only guarantee that we have in life is that God will never leave us. I have struggled often with the question of why God could let us go through trials, and great sorrows that threaten to tear our hearts to pieces. But I know now that God hurts when we hurt, and one day He will make everything right. We will have no more pain or heartache; instead we will enter into the presence of our Great God and Savior. More and more I am learning to trust in His Sovereignty. He holds everything, and He sure isn't letting go of me,  "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified... for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6. I am so glad that I am God's girl. I think this lesson is going to stay with me. God is so much bigger than me; greater than I can imagine. I am but dust. Yet He still remembers me. He stills reaches for me. He still loves me. Lord, thank You for loving me.

Give me eyes to see more of who You are,May what I behold still my anxious heart,Take what I have known and break it all apart
For You, my God, are greater still
And no sky contains,no doubt restrains all You are,the greatness of our GodI've spent my life to know that I'm far from close to all You are,the greatness of our God
Give me grace to see beyond this moment here,to believe that there is nothing left to fear.That You alone are high above it all,
And You, my God, are greater still
And no sky contains,no doubt restrains all You are,the greatness of our GodI've spent my life to know that I'm far from close to all You are,the greatness of our God
To all You are, the greatness of our God
And there is nothing that could ever separate us,No, there is nothing that could ever separate us from Your love.
No life, no death, of this I am convincedYou, my God, are greater still.
And no words can say, or song convey all You are,the greatness of our God
I'll spend my life to knowthat I'm far from close to all You are,the greatness of our God

No sky contains,no doubt restrains all You are,the Greatness of Our GodI'll spend my life to know and I'm far from close to all You are, the greatness of our God
to all you are the greatness of our God 

So give me eyes to see more of who You are



-Natalie Grant 

1 comment: