Sunday, November 6, 2011

"Holding your hand is the best thing in the world"

I LOVE Fall! it has to be my favorite season of all. I like to hear the crunch of dead leaves under my shoes as I walk along, and to feel a cool, crisp breeze on my face that hints at the coming winter. But not yet, right now the trees are wearing their very best and I'm just admiring the show. Today was so beautiful. The sky was a crystal blue and blazed against the red, gold, and orange leaves of the trees in our park. Some areas had already lost all their leaves but even the bare branches looked picturesque 


I was also happy to my walk with my favorite person in the world...
:D
I take him for granted so much. He has taken care of me so well during this first leg of the pregnancy. Today I napped and he washed the dishes, made a pot roast dinner and ran to the store to get me a sprite. I seriously don't deserve him. 
Gosh, I haven't written a blog post in so long I feel like I've aged years lol. We attended a Love and Respect marriage conference this weekend and had a blast! it was so amazing to be able to learn about God's plan for marriage alongside our friends at SFBC. I would recommend to everyone to read the book and try to go to a conference; you won't regret it! 
God is showing me that I am so rich in love. Today the only thing I could think to say to him while we were walking was "Holding your hand is the best thing in the world" (cheesy huh?) his smile in return was amazing :)
He snapped this photo while we were walking though,
We were walking with the same steps <3


Also, we spent this past weekend with my family. I don't like the seven hour car drive as much while being pregnant (I think the motion is what does it). Needless to say I was ready to get out of the car by the end. It was so nice seeing my family, I think we went over a month this time without seeing them. My niece and nephew grow so much between the times that I see them! I don't like it :'( 
I definitely appreciate the time that I have with them now that I don't see them as often. I am so blessed to have them. 


I was just thinking about how when I tell people sometimes that my favorite season is Fall they reply, "Why? everything is dying". You know, for us to have the beautiful flowers and tree buds in the Spring, the old has to pass away first. Just like our lives; the old (habits, fears, sins, etc.) have to pass away first before the Spring of God's will can be present in our hearts.... hmmm that's something to think about. Maybe this season when I clean out my house for a new year I need to be preparing my heart too.


"God, open my arms so that I let go of the past and prepare for the future you are building."


-Lizzy

No comments: