Sunday, November 13, 2011

Rodeo, cookout, and strange, strange cravings

This was a fun weekend. Even though I had a headache that hung around for a few days I had a really good time relaxing and hanging out with my honey. Evidently Kentucky hosts a large livestock show and rodeo every year in November. Since I've never been to a rodeo before we decided to drive out and see it. I wasn't sure what to expect but we ended up having a blast!
They had a lot more people competing than I thought. Some of them had won over a million dollars during their times in competitions! 


This was one of my favorite parts; the barrel racing. I took riding lessons for a couple of years and I would have loved to do something like this.  (I'm not sure if these videos will work or not).


The bullriding was very cool to see too. I would NEVER dream of getting on the back of a 2,000 pound animal and let it throw me around all over the place. But to each his own, and I have to admit that it is pretty entertaining. 


In the corner there is all the little calves that they used for roping. They were adorable and I was able to pet one :) 




I would definitely go again next year :) 
They also had a huge flea market type store set up there with all kinds of western and country apparel and gifts. We were finally able to pick up a pair of boots for B. After months of searching and waiting for them I'm glad he was able to find a good pair at a really good price. He hasn't been able to stop talking about them since then. It's so adorable; like a kid on Christmas day lol. He also surprised me this week with breakfast and flowers. <3 I love him :))) 



A pic of my favorite present this week and his favorite present this week ;) 
We had a pretty busy weekend. Our Sunday school class had a cookout the day after the rodeo and the day before his 24 shift. It was a lot of fun though just hanging out and playing games after a good cookout meal. Hopefully there will be more of those this year!


I've been keeping my hubby pretty entertained lately with my food cravings; Parmesan cheese, pickles, cinnamon rolls, power aid. You know, normal stuff that you would usually eat together *rolls eyes*. So I am just curious; these cravings and strange dislike of certain foods that I usually love will go away after the baby is born, right? Right????   

4 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Sometimes the cravings go away, sometimes they don't. I have a friend who could care less about chocolate until she got pregnant and started craving it. She never got over that craving. I used to like spicy stuff, but I couldn't stand it when I was pregnant and something changed in me permanently. I still don't like, which I'm bummed about.

Glad you had a great time! Wonderful presents!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

BTW, I used to barrel race and my husband was a bull rider, it is how we met back in high school. Such a fun sport! We only watch it now :)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

My sis and I (cheesemakin' Mama) grew up barrel racing!!! So exciting and harder than you think.

Looks you had fun!

Lizzy said...

That is cool guys! I would have loved doing that growing up... still would! lol