Wednesday, November 30, 2011

So many reasons to be thankful :)

November has definitely been a crazy month for us. I feel like I've had to make a lot of adjustments concerning our scheduled events for B's work and family stuff. Things have been kind of hard too. I feel like this is a season of trials and waiting on the Lord. Even though its tough and scary it has really made me realize how much I am blessed. I have to admit that I found more reasons to be thankful this Thanksgiving than all the other times in my life when things were going great. Funny how that works huh? 


To elaborate a little bit without having to go into too much detail, here is the short version:
B had a scare at work that I still ask to be lifted up in prayer, hard times in both our families and I've had some bumps in the road of pregnancy. The last has been probably the most stressful (I fell down my stairs a couple of weeks ago and have been plagued with some really bad headaches) since I worry about the baby. I'm ready to have him or her here so that I can see them and know that they are well. 


But things are starting to work themselves out and I'm trusting that God knows what He is doing. I am just so thankful for all of the provisions that we have and for B and my family. I love them all dearly.


Thanksgiving was great! had an amazing week with family; so happy that we were able to be with them for a week :) aaaaaaaand we are beginning to see the emergence  of my baby bump :D




I don't know if its very easy to see in this pic it sort of shrunk when I downloaded it on here. 


Other exciting news. It looks like we are getting transferred closer to my family which will be great when the baby is born; such a blessing!! I haven't said much to anyone about it because it seemed too good to be true but it looks like things are falling into place. We even have a house that we have been working on and have moved a few boxes already :) 




The house needed to be cleaned out and repainted 




So after a few weeks of working on it 

We are now finally starting to see some progress


We ripped up the carpet and now have beautiful hardwood :)


This room is going to be our bedroom, I love the color!


I am so excited about moving in!


It will be nice when things settle down a little bit (I don't know if that happens in real life but its nice to think about lol) until then I feel kinda in limbo with trying to pack but being unsure of when things will be final. But out of all the craziness going on this is one things that I am really enjoying :) 

3 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Love the baby bump! Also, am so happy you are moving closer to family!

Lizzy said...

Thank you Stacie! I am super excited about being closer to them (especially with the baby getting here in the next 6 months!)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Your bump is adorable! I love those hardwood floors. Sounds like many blessings are happening in your life. That is great! Praying all goes well with the rest of your pregnancy and that life smooths out for you.

Thank you for your condolences. I appreciate your prayers more than you know :)