Thursday, September 6, 2012

Insert clever title ----> here

I am currently snuggled on top of a mound of clothes in our guest bedroom, trying not to wake my four-month old up while writing this. I think it's been here (the pile of clothes) since she was born; B always gets this dazed look on his face when he asks me if I've washed his socks or shirts and I reply, "It's on the bed." Haha I hate to say it but folding laundry is not high on my priority list right now. We FINALLY cleaned out our kitchen and got my stove top to sorta work so I am cooking like a normal person now. Plus, I am coming down with a cold. I hate being sick. And everyone around me hates it when I'm sick because I am the worst patient lol. And I reeeeeaaally hope that S doesn't catch it :/ 

So we did a lot of traveling for the labor day weekend (labor day right? because I said memorial day and my husband laughed at me. My brain after four months postpartum =mush) we drove all the way to Kentucky for a wedding and then an hour south for a cookout with my family. It was so much fun and really good for us to get out. To be honest we have kind of been shut ins since the baby was born. The other day B said that he missed spending alone time with me, I hope we can make that happen soon cause I miss it too :( 
But she is a cutie though....

She did great on the car ride. I was so scared that she was going to be screaming half the time but she slept like a good girl and only babbled a little during the ceremony when we got there :) I feel so old. Everyone I know is getting married and having kids. We stayed at a hotel on the way back home and I was rudely woken up that night by a bunch of thuds and loud obnoxious voices laughing and joking. We were lucky enough to get a room next to half of a boys soccer team. Oh joy. I laid there for a while hoping they would settle down but when 1 o'clock rolled around I'd had enough and knew I was already gonna be grumpy enough now waking up with her in the morning. So I was the mean old lady that called the front desk and got them in trouble. Sorry boys, one day you WILL value sleeping above everything precious in life. When you go through college, get married, and have a bunch of little rugrats running around like you, you'll wonder why you ever stayed up late for FUN. Wow. I really am old. Speaking of sleep. I'm going to take some cold medicine and see if I can settle down. Ugh if I could just have a maid around for one day, one day.....

2 comments:

Bella Johnson said...

i found your blog a bit ago but just subscribed the other day. i never realized how close our babies are. my youngest (have a 2yr old) will turn 3 months tomorrow. i totally get the sleep thing. our first was a heavenly sleeper, our baby - haha not so much. i value whatever we get, one day (like u said) those soccer kids will understand!
www.emrwife.blogspot.ca

Lizzy said...

Bella, Thank you so much for subscribing! I will be sure to check out your blog :) Yes, our little girl is starting to get into a "normal" schedule but everyone keeps telling me that she will change quickly so I'm trying to prepare myself haha! If I could have 12 straight hours of sleep I am sure that I would feel like a new woman! lol ;)