Friday, September 28, 2012

Random, boring update ;)

Haven't really had time to update lately with the baby and everything but I am trying hard to do better, I promise ;) 
We have really been trying to get our house in order since we moved in and really weren't able to get unpacked before S was born. Things are starting to come together and it really has made things more cozy since we are finally putting boxes away and settling into a routine :) 
Things have been busy lately around here, and with B's work. I think that he has gotten suicide calls like every week. One successful and others not. He was cussed at by one for doing his job and keeping em' alive. Didn't phase him though ;)
He goes in for some special training soon that involves drilling things into people's bones and freezing them. Not at the same time. But for different reasons. Sounds disturbing to me but he is excited about it lol I can see why he really loves his job. He saves people and learns cool/gross ways to patch people up haha! 

On another note we have a creature in our attic. We have already had to call a trapper to get a raccoon out about six or seven months ago and thought we had boarded up the place pretty good. Apparently not. It's really annoying because the thumping wakes me up at night and once caused me to call the police when I thought someone was breaking into our house (yeah). I guess it's finding a way to get in on the roof or something. Our neighbors across the street said they have caught about eight raccoons on their property this year and said they are really bad in this neighborhood. Yay! just our luck. Not! 

But we did discover our local farmer's market and it is amazing! (how's that for a segue?)  It's really important to us to stay healthy and active so we were sooo happy to find someplace we could buy fresh produce, milk, and meat. A Mennonite family sells plain, chocolate, and strawberry whole milk there and the chocolate is to die for! I have gone through almost half a gallon in a week lol. There is also another Mennonite family that sells homemade donuts right next to the milk guy and this last time I begged (well, not really begged he kinda can read my mind and when I looked at the fresh hot donuts and then turned to him he was already smiling that smile and making his way to the table. Gosh, I love that man!) B to get me one and it was Ah-mazing. It was the size of my baby's head I kid you not. And my child has a big noggin like her daddy ;) I can't wait until we can start doing something like that. We are trying our hardest to get debt free so we can buy some land and make our own little farm :) B is a country boy all the way and is itching to get out of the city. I hope we can soon! 

Another thing we are trying now is Crossfit. The guys at the station introduced it to B and he is addicted now.


It's crazy the stuff that they can do. Now that he is doing it I can see a big change in him. I've always found my hubby *ahem* attractive but man he was getting too good looking! lol so I decided that I need to step up and get back in shape after this baby weight gain. Right now we are doing it at home but they just opened a fitness center here that teaches the methods and we are pretty excited about it.

 I want to be able to do that lol and feel as good as those ladies look.

Tomorrow is the last day of his set and then we get some much needed down time. I'm hoping to make a big celebratory breakfast to mark our four day weekend together; trying to be adventurous and step outside of my typical eggs and toast routine ;) but my husband didn't marry me because I could cook, so hopefully he won't back out now ;D 















No comments: